About Primrose Hill Farm
Our eggs are fully accredited to the RSPCA Freedom Food Scheme, which ensures the highest standards of both welfare and production methods are maintained. All the hens are fed on high quality, feed and the green grass of Lincolnshire.
Today, our commitment to quality means that in addition to our own high standards our eggs are laid by hens which are protected by the five freedoms:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express normal behaviour by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and a company of the animals’ own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress ensuring conditions and care which avoid mental suffering.
This means that when you buy our Primrose Free Range Eggs you can be guaranteed that not only have they been produced to the very highest standards, but also the welfare and environmental conditions are far higher than is required by law.
All the hens are encouraged to roam in their pastures planted with native trees allowing them to express their natural behaviour.
The high quality feed and diet, closely monitored by a nutritionist, does not contain artificial yolk colourants or genetically modified ingredients. This combined with a natural diet the hens pick up in their pasture ensures the eggs are full of natural flavour and colour.
All of our hens are reared to the highest levels of animal welfare standards and are vaccinated against salmonella.